Duggan School works to support the vision, mission and initiatives set by Edmonton Public Schools:
We work with families and community partners to provide safe, caring, healthy, diverse, inclusive and equitable learning experiences that engage students to achieve their full potential in an increasingly interdependent world.
All students will learn to their full potential and develop the ability, passion and imagination to pursue their dreams and contribute to their community.
District Priorities 2011-2014
- Provide supports and programs that will enable all students to complete high school.
- Deepen students' understanding of equity and empathy as key citizenship traits.
- Ensure all students and their families are welcomed, respected, accepted and supported in every school.
- Promote health and wellness for all students and staff.
- Listen to staff, honour their contributions, and support their opportunities for collaboration, growth and professional development
Within the context of the District’s Goals, we support the unique learning needs of our students. For the 2013/14 school year we have emphasized specific initiatives related to: Guided Reading, academic vocabulary and citizenship. We differentiate learning experiences for our students and use a wealth of strategies and teaching tools. We are very pleased to explore the use of our technology tools such as our Smartboards and laptop computers to enhance learning experiences.